Saturday, September 21, 2013
Update on the crazy week
Well it's 1am. I have an awesome feeling of accomplishment, because even though my eyes are blood shot and I'll pay for this in the morning... I'm feeling more organized and caught up on my life.
Which is sometimes worth the sleep deprivation.
Basically this week was full to the brim with drama and I would come home and walk in the house and look around and pretty much get in the bath tub and read a book. Then I would get into bed. On my way there I would drop my clothes in little piles. The dishes were in piles and the kids rooms were in piles.. because they all switched rooms.
If I didn't feel unorganized enough at work (filling in for my friend on vacation).. I was coming home to sheer disorganization. It kindof felt like being on a merry go round and never getting off.
So tonight I did all my laundry... organized the kids rooms and paid the bills. I wrapped up the birthday presents and filed the papers.
Even though it is sad.. Having less people around here is a little easier to clean.
So all you people with 1 or 2 kids.. I 'm thinking your cleaning is manageable. (JUST KIDDING)....
Here is the Monday Meat story you've all been waiting for.
I was working and went down to the cafeteria and ordered a lunch. It was a fajita thing with large strips of meat smothered in cheese and onions and peppers. There was a side of tator tots. I ate about 1/3 of it and started to feel a little guilty.. Kris came by to tell me something and I gave him my left overs. He really just wanted the tator tots but I handed him the fajita.... not thinking to warn him about the large strips of meat.
He grabbed the plate and headed out the door only to return 30 minutes later to tell me that it was stuck. Meat can become stuck in all different areas of your body. If it is stuck in your airway.. you have the heimlich or die. If it is stuck lower in your esophagus.. you get very uncomfortable because your spit will not go down... but you can breathe. That is an important thing to note.
I helped him get ready and then some other nice people took him to surgery and retrieved the meat. They took some awesome pictures and I could actually see the tator tot in his stomach. Gross, I know.
After the procedure I drove him home and then loaded up Shelby and a lot of belongings.
Shelby and I drove with a former teammate to Ontario. This teammate was super entertaining. She had a job at the pool this summer so she told us stories about poop in the pool and cleaning the locker rooms and how people just leave their kids at the pool and let them terrorize the populace.
We headed for Nampa and Best Buy. Best Buy is full of Geeky guys and gals who know their gadgets. I don't think that Best Buy employees get a lot of exercise. They are super smart and can recommend the best computers for your college kids. We bought an HP laptop for Shelby the Saturday before.. The sales guy tried to get the computer out of the warehouse for us.. but we ended up having to pick it up on our way Monday night.
After getting the computer.. we went to the Olive Garden. Then on to Walmart. Then finally at 11 at night we pulled into the dorm. The kids all helped Shelby unload her stuff. I said good bye and then I drove home. I have that drive pretty memorized including which mile markers mean what.
I know when I'm close to Juntura, Drewsey, Vale, Harper.. Oards and when I close in on the last stretch to home. Delilah kept me company on the radio.
Kris is feeling better now and is trying to eat smaller pieces of meat.
The rest of the week was pretty much work, work and more work... interspersed with some High school Volleyball... (where I ate bags of really salty popcorn)...piano and violin lessons and some 30 degree night temperatures.
Today is Brookie's 14th birthday.
Brookie is running Cross Country. She is a great runner. Brooke also found out this week that she is getting braces put back on.
Brooke is a very important member of our family. I love her very much. I'm glad this week is ending on a happy note.
Celebrating Daughter #4.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

No comments:
Post a Comment