
It's that time of year. Zucchini is everywhere. And people are trying to give it to you.. because it is so abundant. Because I can feel guilty about anything... I feel guilty about the Zucchini... truly I do. I feel as if every little zook that I get from someone I should turn into something... bread? cake? Thus far I have made a zucchini lasagna, and added some shredded zucchini to soup. But still the zucchini remains. It is multiplying and there are large green zooks in the bottom of my fridge and also on my countertops... I have a feeling I will be making bread tonight and then maybe tossing some over my fence into the pasture.
Then I will feel bad.
But hopefully it will pass. I think Heavenly Father created zucchini for those of us who can't grow anything. Because, I can even grow zucchini. The years when I tried to have gardens in our desert wasteland.. not much would survive the sporadic waterings, the deer, the cats and the harsh late frosts. But always the zucchini would survive. It's hearty stuff.
It's like the parasite squash of the world. It turns up everywhere. It's how you know it's really fall. There are signs of the harvest like falling leaves and apples, peaches and pumpkins. But mostly there is zucchini.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment