Sunday, September 29, 2013

Driving miles

I looked on my calendar today and noted all the back and forth trips I've made lately to Bend and Ontario. In the last 3 months I've logged probably 1000 miles in day trips.


Living in a small rural community you travel ...a lot. Getting to anything at all. Teams to compete against..orthodontists....dentists..


Driving to Bend and back is 240 miles. I drove there yesterday for a tournament and 3 days earlier for cross country. Earlier in September I drove to Lakeview 130 miles then to Bend 120 miles and back home to Burns 120 miles....all in a span of 16 hours.


It is somewhat a badge of honor if you follow your kids around the state watching all of their sporting events and we try to do what we can...probably only their senior year do we make every game...

Now we have a college athlete to follow.


I guess I can say this. I'm not a perfect mother..and I berate myself daily for that. But I have tried as hard as reasonably possible to give them everything I could. Time, money, attention and most of all opportunity.

I feel very blessed that we could do as much as we have through the years.


And for that ...I continue to drive......

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke