Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

It was a long day. Another day of Kindergarten. Day number 3. Amanda met a new friend... a boy named Brady. "We played mom and dad"... said Amanda... "I really wish I could play praganant (spelled as she pronounces it)". (Amanda has a fascination with pregnancy). Hmmm. I said. Other mommies might not like their kids playing praganant with you.
When asked what she learned, Amanda responded with enthusiasm about the fire drill and earthquake preparation. "What is it called when the earth shakes?" she asks. "Mom, when the fire bell rings we don't run, we walk quickly". Helpful information.
We returned to our home. Just us 2. Devoid of friends, teachers and interesting info. It was BORING. She wanted to get outside, commune with nature, ride her bike. Only she wanted me there PRESENT to witness every detail. (first, last and only children are like this... 2nd and subsequent of large families have so many playmates they don't need mom's undivided). As I was sitting there in the grass with my book, she stripped down and proceeded to have a "movement" on the lawn.. I sat with my mouth agape. "Dogs do it... mom. It's no big deal."
Here she is clutching her pony... asleep in dreamland... day four of kindergarten hours away.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke