How do you accomplish discipline in this day in age?... Now adays it is not acceptable to beat children into subjection.. although at times it is shall we say TEMPTING.
We have to have rules and guidelines in our family to have 7-8 people happy and functioning well. Sometimes we have to say no. Some of our children don't react well to this. Some of them throw incredible tantrums, say hurtful things or stare defiantly at me and say NO when I refuse to do something they think is absolutely imperative.
Today was "BOOT CAMP". Dad gave certain children tasks to complete as punishment for some bad behavior this week. I think it worked fairly well.
So I guess that is our discipline... removal of priviledges... which I have had to do pretty regularly lately... and hard work.
I'd be interested in any other thoughts. The thing is .. what works well for one child doesn't work as well for another.
And I wish they would understand.. that like any parent .. we discipline because we LOVE. We want them to have an easier time in the real world .. to learn to get along... to learn that we don't always get what we want... that we need to compromise.
It still doesn't make it any easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment