Thursday, July 30, 2009

An Almost Perfect Day

Yesterday was an almost perfect day. I decided to take the kids to the waterpark 3 hours away... spur of the moment. Everyone went (except Kris). Spirits were high. We arrived 10 minutes before the park opened. We lathered on the sunscreen. I put my hair in pigtails. I felt 18. I didn't look it however.. thus no pictures are included to illustrate my 39ish swimsuit look.. it isn't inspiring. The girls split off into groups. Yuiko and Hailey, Stef and shelby, Brooke, Amanda and I. Amanda was a fish!!! She went on every baby/kid slide possible. Only towards the end of the day did I notice that she never paused for a bathroom break. You guessed it. Who needed to when there was so much water everywhere? GROSS i know. We ate lunch under the umbrellas... I did a few daring rides. We were sunned and funned. Stef said it was the best day of her summer. Then things went down hill. 4pm we had been swimming/playing 5 hours. Why not extend the fun to the mall. We needed to get Yuiko's family some gifts and we did some school shopping. Then I took us all to Cheesecake Factory.. I know you don't need to tell me , real mother of the year stuff.... However, everyone was a little tired at this point and someone began to cry.. I shall not name names. I pulled the car up for our journey home and everyone got in. Then the real fun began. Lots of arguing, switching places in the car, crying, fussing, my yelling while trying to pretend that I was not really yelling while smiling at our exchange student. In the midst of this I took THE WRONG EXIT and drove almost 50 miles before I noticed that I was on the way to TWIN FALLS not home. Then I screeched to a halt and actually utilized one of those emergency vehicle only gravel roads that you are never supposed to use as I began going the other way. By then my good will and patience had left. Thankfully my husband was available by cell phone to comisserate, talk to... after I told him he could stop asking me why I didn't notice I was traveling the wrong way. I also turned on Delilah on the radio... I LOVE DELILAH. She plays sappy lovesongs and people call in to tell her sad/inspirational stories. Finally everyone fell asleep and I counted the milepost markers til we finally got home at 12:05am. I know I'm crazy. But if we could;'ve ended the day at 4pm .. it was PERFECT.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke