Monday, August 17, 2009

Dear Family

I have often wondered this month, if I could read Japanese what Yuiko's letters to home would include.
Dear Mom and Dad,
My american family is large. The girls fight alot. Especially when in the car. Their mother sleeps alot and oddly enough, their father cooks.
Please.. let me come home early

But .... the sweet girl... smiles so much and has actually gotten in on alot of the craziness and chaos that is our home. Today I woke up to her playing with Amanda. Tonight we had Family Home Evening and we sang and had a lesson on Pres. Hinkley from Gma Alice's files (Thanks mom) and then she took a picture of our family and let me look back at the 500! pictures she had taken of her month here... our camping trip, the wonderful wildlife here in this area, Wiley sanders in various poses... all of our family... the food we made for her and she made for us...

I guess her letter tonight might have been more like...
Dear mom and Dad..
i'm coming home soon... but I'll miss this american family..they are so fun!!

One can only hope.

2 comments:

Jeni Everett said...

We just went private because some creep name Melvin was leaving messages on our blog. It is a little scarey! Can I have your email address?

Christy said...

sure its kcsanders@centurytel.net

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke