Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Healing Power of Forgiveness

this week I had a conflict with someone I know.. it is a very long story and the details are not important. I genuinely felt that i was in the right with my feelings of hurt...although as I examined the situation today I looked at things from this other person's perspective and I knew that I needed to set things right no matter who was at fault. I was able to approach this person and give them a hug and express my sadness at the events that led up to the conflict... it was so freeing. The atonement really works. I felt so light and unburdened. Then my friend said to me that she noticed that there was a difference in the kids in our community that went to church. She complimented me on raising my kids with a strong religion. It was a real testimony booster for me. I'm not always as good at being compassionate and loving as I should be.... but i'm glad that i was able to forgive... because I need the Lord's forgiveness every day.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke