Tuesday, September 1, 2009

As I was saying previously

****This is a photo of my beautiful Stefani. She cut her hair recently and it looks so pretty and really shows off her amazingly big eyes. As I think I mentioned in my last blog ( maybe a premonition) I was wondering about the fantastical amount of toilet paper consumption and the affects or effects of this on our toilet system. I didn't have to wonder long. Friday was the day. Fortunately... my big to do list included cleaning the downstairs bathroom... sometimes I don't actually look at the downstairs bathroom for weeks at a time. Friday I did clean and look... in that order and as some sewage was coming up into the shower... I had to spring into action. Mostly this means I make frantic phone calls. In an effort to show that I have matured past the calling my husband in a panic first.... I called my best friend.. who is older and smarter and has a vast knowledge of the county's plumbers and septic guys. Then I called the septic guy... I found out he actually built our house... but he couldn't remember where the septic tank was... but he graciously agreed to come out immediately. I then called the bishop (he used to live in our house) and the old owners in California... after tracking down their numbers. The septic guys did lots of digging and searching and I had a panicked moment where I envisioned the septic tank buried underneath our beautiful and expensive to build full sized basketball court.. I could just see the bull dozers raising the concrete.. Finally I also had to locate the towns plumber and he had to come and put snakes of the wire variety down the toilet out into the lawn and install a clean out. I almost kissed him as I wrote the check.. he came out promptly too and thus things were flushing properly. And that my friends was Friday. Friday night I worked... in the ER. I worked with a very nice Dr. and older gentleman who reminds me of Clint Eastwood.
*****Saturday... I slept in and then went to my former Nanny Sheryden's wedding shower. It was probably the largest, most well organized, fun, shower I've ever been to. I can't believe Sheryden is old enough to get married. She was SO CUTE. She only had one or two "naughty" gifts. I was sitting by her writing down the gifts and so I helped her through it. She got chocolate syrup, whipped cream and some other useful things for the honeymoon. Hailey and Shelby were there all big eyes. Tonight Hailey said, "mom... what was that chocolate for. Do you use that when you make a baby? " Kris said... "Hailey they are going to have some ice cream on their honeymoon!"
*****Sunday...... We drove to Bend... Stef shared the driving. We went to the Patriarchs house and I was honored to be present when my oldest daughter had her blessing. Of course it is very personal and I won't share any details.. but during the blessing I had wonderful glimpses in my head of her life. How blessed am I to have these daughters? Afterwards they fed us a meal of meatloaf and squash in their cozy kitchen... Sunday night I worked again and took care of the sweetest grandma patient ever. I wanted to hug her the whole night.
********Monday morning I grabbed 45 minutes of sleep and headed for a funeral. It was a full Catholic mass. I really hope that I played music that was appropriate for the prelude. I didn't get a chance to talk the family. Their teenage daughter was killed in a car crash and they were so distraught.. I'm sure the music was the last thing on their minds. I played some classical pieces as prelude.. Claire de Lune, Bach, more Debussy and the beautiful piece "the Prayer". Thanks mom for that arrangement. Amanda let me sleep in the afternoon and she watched Old Yeller. Last night and tonight she has slept in overalls with no shirt... I asked her why and she said, "mom.. i'm Arlis." (the boy in old yeller). Last night I got the best news ever!!! My best friend is going to be a grandma again. I've had a smile on my face ever since. We also went out to a ward members house and had a weinie roast. It was fun. That was when I found out I have new visiting teachers and a new partner. I am kindof sad because I had the best visiting teachers. I was a sorry pathetic visiting teachee... hard to schedule... not always in the mood for it.... etc etc... but just a few weeks ago as I was thinking about how good they had been to me month after month... I realized that I had really needed that the last year. So Thanks Michelle and Sharon!!
************Today... ..I woke up to more laundry than ever... so I decided to visit the laundromat and do it all at once.. Brilliant I know... even though it did cost $30. It was worth it. Then I picked up Amanda and Olivia from school. I took them to the dollar store and they bought whoopee cushions... Then we went to Safeway and they farted all through the store. I kept my head down the whole time. It was very entertaining. They would make the cushion explode and then crack themselves up. THE END




1 comment:

The Maki Family said...

Thanks for the comment Christy! My mom was dying to tell you...I still can't believe she kept it a secret!

And love Hailey's question about the chocolate! That cracks me up...good answer Kris!

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke