Monday, January 2, 2012
20 reasons I love my mom
Tomorrow at 0430 am I have to drive to Boise to take Stef to the airport. I should be in bed. But I am wired.
Last year I posted a birthday post for my dad so this year I am going to post a birthday post for the best lady I know. My mom.
Her birthday isn't til tomorrow the 4th but this will give her some time to enjoy it. Plus another present is going to be delivered to her on the 4th. HINT HINT. Watch for that...
1. My mom risked her life to bring me into the world. 1970 was hardly the year of advanced medicine like we have now. Yet, I was born 6 1/2 weeks early and lived. Largely due to my mom, I'm sure. She had an emergency C-section. From the minute of my birth it was all about selflessness.
2. My mom snorts. Sorry I had to lighten the mood. My mom is awesome with the snorting. This is why I also snort.... without even trying.
3. My mom is super duper talented. She is the reason I play the piano so well. Years of lessons and recitals and duets and practicing. And she is the best example of continuing to play and teach.
4. My mom is beautiful. And since I've been told we look alike I'm looking forward to being as gorgeous as she is into my more mature years...
5. My mom sews beautifully and made/makes me and my girls awesome things.
6. My mom keeps me updated on family. She loves to brag about all her grandkids and tell me the latest about my nieces and nephews. Isn't that the best?
7. My mom loves her brother and sisters...and her extended family and in laws.
8. My mom is silly. I have great memories of laughing and being silly with my mom.
9. My mom visits me lots even though we live several hours away.
10. My mom came after each of my children were born and stayed to help.
11. My mom is a great cook. I wish I had paid more attention to her cooking.
12. My mom is a great example of commitment.. If she says she will do something.. she does.
13. My mom is thoughtful. She remembers the little details.
14. My mom has been a great wife to my dad. She is a good lady and they have been a good team through thick and thin.
15. My mom loves chocolate. One time when I was visiting her she confessed that sometimes for lunch she has a bowl of cottage cheese and a cup of chocolate chips.
16. My mom had wonderful traditions in our home growing up that we try to continue.. like making sugar cookies, hanging the advent calendar, and fhe files.
17. My mom took me to the doctor and dentist regularly. (I get how hard this is now).
18. My mom road bikes with me in Paris.
19. My mom tucked me into bed every night when I was little and I won a Mother's Day contest by announcing that on a local radio station.
20. My mom is my hero. I love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
2 comments:
Great list. Couldn't agree more, especially with #10: "My mom is my hero. I love her."
-J.
Yes she is. If this is my bro. Call me sometime... I guess I need to do some blogs on my brothers (: Stay tuned for 20 reasons I miss my brothers....
Post a Comment