This weekend we made the long journey across the state for more league basketball games. Amanda and I hitched a ride with some nice people whose daughter also plays. They let us come last minute when our ride fell through. I just really didn't want to drive by myself and it worked out well.
We stayed at the Oxford Suites and Amanda swam quite a bit. The Friday game we easily beat the team and Shelby played well.. Saturday we were in Umatilla and the game was not going well. I had a gnawing pain in my stomach as we watched. None of our girls were hitting baskets and the game was low scoring and close. Shelby launched several three pointers that didn't find the net. I was worrying about her confidence and feeling like we might not pull off the game.
Anyway... I'm texting Kris and suddenly we are down by two
with 7 seconds left. After the time out... they put the ball into play and it gets passed inside and then kicked out to Shelby .. WHO MAKES HER ONLY THREE POINTER OR SCORE OF THE GAME AND WE WIN BY ONE with seconds left.
Oh my..I had chest pain and Amanda and I jumped out of our seats and began screaming so hard my throat still hurts.
It was so awesome and made me glad we made the trip. Even though I feel like I am hungover today. And I should be leaving for church in 5 minutes but I'm on my bed with wet hair and the computer.

No comments:
Post a Comment