Saturday, January 14, 2012

Go team




Happy Day. It is another game day. Yesterday... we started early. I yanked Stinky out of bed and she grabbed blankets, pillow, her pack of snacks and her uniform, tennies and stuffed animal. We got in the car and drove to Crane via the bakery for a pre game donut. Amanda is playing 2nd grade ball on a special team. She is one of the point guards and does very well. She has been raised in the gym since birth and although she possesses exceptional skills she is used to a "higher level of spectating" and will often run to tell me "mom I'm getting hacked in there"...or "why won't anyone call a foul?" Calling fouls on 2nd graders would delay the game for a month.. which is why they don't. She played against some older kids and they didn't win any of their games but this was easily forgotten after eating the 15 pieces of licorice she bought at the snack bar.

Then I left her in Crane (in the care of a responsible coach of course) and rushed to town for a piano lesson and Brookie's debut. Brooke is a 6th grader who hasn't been able to play with the travel team but was lucky enough to make the 7th grade school team. She played in her first game yesterday in a very big for her uniform. Boy was she the STAR. Brookie went in and got 4 steals......3 lay ups.... called the plays, made a free throw and ended up scoring 12 of their 14 points. Happily... 2 of her older sisters were there cheering her on and she really had a fun time.

Hailey has a game today in Prairie City. She is playing Frosh/Soph. Kris is going to this game to help and will ride the bus. Hailey also plays the guard position and is playing well. I am looking forward to seeing her play later this week.

Shelby plays today and played yesterday. This picture shows her in the pregame stance for the flag salute. I am washing her black sox as we speak. I don't know if they are lucky or comfortable or both. But they are in the wash. Shelby is a starter and is a joy to watch. She is just in her element in the game. She really loves Basketball. It is fun to watch her score, pass, or dribble. She does between the leg moves... behind the back moves and has a sweet shot. Yes I am bragging. But she is a phenom.

So I am up. Washing... cooking... preparing for another day in the gym. Go TEAM!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke