Sunday, June 2, 2013

Is it just me?




We are t minus 6 days and counting for graduation. Which means that we are almost to the all night party. Yeah. That big event that I decided to spearhead because I'm into self torture. I'm pretty much past any type of readiness for anything in regards to this event. Now I'm just into survival mode. Day to day. Whatever happens.. happens. If no one shows up or the inflatables don't inflate or the kids revolt or someone gets injured... I don't care. I just want it to be over. Over. Done. In the past. I guess I'm a horrible parent. I need to enjoy this day and night and really bask in the memories of Shelby's last week of high school.

This morning as I was getting ready for church and perusing the latest headlines including: New super virus could be dangerous for all humans... and Al Quaida says America should be afraid we are going to get you all.... I could only feel slight fear. My real fear is reserved for getting through this weekend. I hope I can do it. I guess maybe that is the greatest weapon I use against myself.. Stress.... stressing about things that I commit to do and getting overwhelmed by it all. Then suffering through things until I collapse in relief that they are done.


We all made it to testimony meeting this morning. Is it just me or do others dread testimony meeting? I find that people spend too long giving testimonies that have nothing to do with testimony and lots to do with rambling... I need to repent of my attitude and chill a little. I need to set a better example to my kids of listening to all the testimonies even when I don't feel inspired. I need to be less annoyed. People don't try to annoy me with their testimonies. They sincerely want to share what they feel. Sometimes the delivery fails.


It is amazing that we can be thrown together in a church/community with so many personalities and perspectives and for the most part find common ground and unity. That really is a small miracle. The universality of the message and the truthfulness of the gospel make up for our deficiencies. And a little love for each other doesn't hurt.



No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke