Thursday, June 20, 2013

Of service, trees and Auntie Maude

I think it is fitting that in the month of June this year (when we celebrate Father's Day) my dad gave me the best gifts of service I've had in a long time. I think service is especially sweet when it is uniquely tailored to your needs. Is that not what parents do best? He came over the mountain to fix my washing machine. He diagnosed the washing machine ailment, ordered the needed part and then replaced it. Now my machine works again! Considering I do many loads a day, I am so grateful!

When he came he brought my dear grandpa. We went to Chinese food, as is our tradition and then discussed many things...including his fight to save the beautiful trees in the back of his acreage. Then he talked about his childhood and his Uncle Scot and Auntie Maude. My grandpa turns 97 in July. If only I could keep him around for 20 more years. I told him if he makes it to 100 we will throw him a grand party.

So I'm saving the date.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke