It was a good week. We have cozy weather. Just warm enough in the day to wear a sweater and quite chilly at night.. The kindof chilly that makes you want a fire in the woodstove. We burned some garbage in the burn barrel. The burn barrel is kind of a country institution. Maybe in urban areas one would not be allowed. But in the country one can burn in a burn barrel. Stuff kindof smolders in the burn barrel. I tried to really get it going yesterday. I put lots of dried pine needles in there among the stuff that I really needed to burn.. Then I called my dear friend Jana. Could I add a touch of gasoline to really incinerate things. No I was told. A smoldering burn barrel is just right.
We saw the dentist this week. Amanda has no cavities. Which is something short of a miracle since our consistency of brushing/flouride is very poor and she eats sugar like a crazy noncompliant diabetic. Which adds to my theory that dental health is somewhat of a gift..Not that I am going to chance it any more. We have religiously brushed her teeth since hearing the good news.
Brooke and I saw the eye doctor. Brooke has a tracking problem but "vision like a hawk". All this means is that some exercises are in order. I however have to wear glasses all the time. Apparently my eye doctor has decided that my vision for reading and music reading is bad enough that she will make me bifocals I can wear all the time with no prescription on the top. OK who cares about that? Well it is testimony to the fact that my body is giving out as I reach 40.
In other news. Not only is Kris's hair graying... it is thinning. Apparently he is quite stressed as I found a hidden article in his desk drawer about "top 4 ways to stop hair loss naturally and stimulate hair growth".
We continue to plan for our holidays. Thanksgiving with our Lyle grandparents YEAH and Disneyland and wedding in Las Vegas with the Sanders for Christmas. Amanda wants to know what to do if she gets lost in Disneyland. I said FIND A PRINCESS.
Stefani went to state Volleyball with the Varsity team. She sat the bench but was a good sport. Countdown to the 16th birthday (74 days). Shelby and Hailey are raising money for a smithsonian fieldtrip to D.C. and NYC during spring break. Brookie is still her happy little shy self. And Wylie got a hair cut.
Finally... did I ever blog about our 2 legged cat? Well the cat whisperer himself (kris) found a home for this forlorn creature and captured and delivered the handicapped feline to the rescuer today. Now I don't have to feel bad about this stray appearing at our back door meowing with it's little stumpy legs in the air.
No comments:
Post a Comment