Sunday, November 23, 2008
My Best Friend
When we moved to our small town the lord decided to give me a best friend. It happened one day in nursery. A very color coordinated woman approached me and introduced herself as Jana. From then we had several conversations that led to years and years of conversations and lots of fun!!! Trips to China.. adopting babies. Watching me have a baby (yikes that was pretty brave of you). shopping... introducing me to the love of children's clothing... hand me downs. Jana is a fabulous cook and she loves to give gifts. She is the most warm hearted generous person I know. She loves all of my children like my own. She loves my mom!! She even calls her Grandma Alice. I fear I may be rambling. Lately, she is my cheap version of therapy. This is called the lunch date. It's much cheaper than professional counseling. First we pick a local restaurant.. then we set a time to meet. Then it's pretty much 1.5hours of sharing our week with each other... while we watch Shaylee do interesting things with our leftovers. Voila. Instantly I feel better. I'm really not doing her justice as it is 2am. But she rocks. Now she is a grandma and mother in law. And I feel that she is really doing these jobs quite splendidly too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment