Sunday, November 23, 2008
helping at the Senior Center
Wow. It's a slow night at work. I guess. I have now published in my blog more little blurbs than on any other date. Well anyway. Last week in church they announced that Sister so and so needed help with serving lunch at the senior center. And I felt really strongly that I needed to go. So Amanda and I showed up to serve at the senior center. We had a talk about being nice to the older people and if they talked to her she needed to be polite and talk back. Then I bribed her with candy if she was really good. She did fabulous. She helped me hand out food.. and after everyone was fed she really kicked into action. She must have helped put 50 or 60 glasses into the tray for the dishwasher. She was on a mission ... then we ate our own lunch and she watched some old men play pool. Everyone enjoyed her. Hopefully she learned a little something of service. One guy even gave her a dollar. Finally, I had to pull her away from the ladies playing Bingo. She really was mesmerized by the balls going around and around. THE END
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment