Saturday, November 22, 2008

Recession Proofing our Holidays

Ways we are cutting back and spending less this holidays... Don't I sound like a magazine article

1. Introduce Children to Goodwill... Shelby and I spent an hour in the goodwill in Bend. She found 2 pairs of cute shoes for 10 dollars and a sweatshirt, sweater and skirt!!!! I found a purse for 6 bucks.

2. No presents.. Go to Disneyland instead... OK so we may end up spending some money in the Magic Kingdom. But it should be a holiday of memories and no gifts to store, lose or break.

3. Hand delivering local Christmas cards... I love to send holiday photo cards of our family. This year I am going to hand deliver the local ones. Hey with stamps at 43cents I could save 10 bucks or more.

4. Talking more about giving, the Saviour, and our gratitude for blessings.

5. Cooking more at home and as a family.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke