Happy anniversary tomorrow to my husband. 18 years ago we were married. It seems like it was just yesterday!!! We both had fuller, poofier hair. Highlights of that magical day included: Dad giving Kris and parents wrong instructions to the temple (although he'll never admit it...ha ha ha). Kris leaving his wallet in the car trunk on the way to honeymoon. Kris leaving lights on in the car outside the temple. Sometimes I get happy/sad thinking of all the dear ones who were with us on that day who are gone to the other side. Both of my grandmas, grandpa payne, great aunts and uncles. Little did we know what we were getting into.
Now 5 kids later.. I'd have to say that i chose a mate pretty well. How did I get so lucky?
And guess who sent us our first congratulations card. Grandma Payne .. and she's almost 100. Wow to be that organized. And she even signed it in her beautiful writing.
No we do not have big celebration plans. Unless you count working and teaching relief society as celebrating 18 years of marriage. But I'm sure we will toast some non-alcoholic cider to the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment