
Do you ever wonder about time? My best friends daughter is in early labor. I remember early labor. It was like every minute felt like a day. The nine months of pregnancy seem to last forever.
Nursing an infant was one long exercise in sleep deprivation that you thought people could've used as torture on war criminals. Then suddenly, abruptly the baby slept.
Then there are times that seem to fly... like this year.. It is May already. How could that be?
Some nights at work I swear 3am -5am is 24 hours. But the weeks go so fast they all merge together.
Or thinking about the last 17 and a half years. How did Stefani go from tiny infant to active child to teenaged almost adult? Did all that time just disappear?
Some days as a young mother seemed to last forever. The time from breakfast to lunch seemed like a week. It was like watching paint dry. But then suddenly the kids were all in school... Hmm
So I wonder.. Does time expand and contract? It is our one true gift. Time.
P. S. Amanda is getting a kitten soon. We visited them today at our friends house. They look like little rats.
1 comment:
Couldn't agree with you more! Can't wait till I'm in the stage of life that doesn't involve sleep deprivation!!
Post a Comment