This weekend we hosted a PARTY. Eighteen of Hailey's friends showed up to celebrate her entry into the teen years. I have to say that Kris was the main man to get things right for the event. He picked up the 3 foot Subway sandwhich and set up the chairs outside. The keyword is OUTSIDE. Yes.. the weather cooperated for the first time in months. The kids enjoyed playing basketball and volleyball on the court and had snacks. Then Kris put our big TV outside and the kids gathered around with blankets, chairs, the trampoline and the porch swing. They watched a movie and ate brownies. Then everyone went home. We all survived and no one got hurt or in trouble. There were even 6 boys there! After they all went home Kris, Shelby, Amanda and I watched All About Steve in the porch swing. It was funny.
Then Saturday.. Kris pumped up tires on flat bicycles and voila.. Amanda was riding a two wheeler in like 10 minutes. She didn't immediately understand braking.. but starting and riding... piece of cake.
I wore my new sandals Sunday. They are not great for pedaling the organ. I got the giggles really bad as I was making mistakes with my feet. I'm sure it was entertaining for someone. I also was making faces I 'm sure. Usually playing the organ is a breeze. But not in those shoes. My two oldest daughters were sitting up on the stand to give their fabulous seminary program talks. They were awesome.
This school year is wrapping up fast.. Amanda will be starring in The Three Little Pigs as Pig #1 in the kindergarten play.
Stefani will be a Senior soon. Shelby gets her braces off tomorrow!!! Brookie went on a field trip last week and had her first babysitting job!
Another week begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment