I hate to admit it but.. I'm jealous. My best friend is in Boise and she is celebrating the birth of her first granddaughter. She is in hog heaven. The bows and the bracelets are out in full force. The beauty of our friendship in many ways has been all the things she teaches me. Having her just a smidge older has allowed me to watch her go through all the stages of teenagers, young college students, young marrieds, weddings and such and gleen her wisdom and tricks. It is smart to surround yourself with friends that are amazing people. It can rub off if you let it.
So.. I'll just admit it. I can't wait. I can't wait to be a grandmother. I think it looks like great fun. I love it when we go out to lunch with her Grandson in tow. He sits quietly in his carseat with his hair all spikey, kicking his chubby little legs out and grinning.. It's like he knows a big secret.
I'm excited to plan weddings and have my daughters have children. Hopefully they'll like me enough to include my in most of the fun.
I've had 2 extra little girls with me for a few days due to the birth. We've had lots of fun. Today we bought a hula hoop and went to the public library. We also had spaghetti and ice cream and did homework.
I have a big week ahead with lots of WORK and work training. BLAH.
Not the birthday plans I had hoped for. Oh Well.
I'm going to try to take a nice picture of myself in honor of the day and I will post it when I get it done. I will have to plaster on the make up and iron the hair and try to put on a half way decent outfit. The preparation could take days..
That is how you know you are old. The young folk have new photos on their facebook weekly if not daily. The old carefully select a picture that makes them look okay and keep it there forever.
That's all. Not much to say.
Except that the last few years.. my birthday and mother's day were weeks I felt crappy. Not sure if the reality just doesn't live up to the expectation or what. But true to form.. I made about 80% of my family mad at me today. So it must be just about time for Spring and these annual events.
No comments:
Post a Comment