Monday, March 12, 2012
Losing an hour hurts...
It was a big weekend.
Saturday we went out to dinner with good friends and then went to watch the local production of Steel Magnolias. It was awesome. We didn't get done until almost 10pm and Brooke and I went to Safeway to buy some last minute goods for the concert today.
Sleep was brief and that extra hour erased.. we woke tired and unready for the day. Brooke and I started baking snickerdoodles. Mostly she did everything, I just supervised. We loaded up the car and headed out to church.
Stake Conference was good. I got the giggles once and had a brief nap but otherwise I think I retained the main messages that were given on forgiveness and our examples. We checked the kitchen and were dismayed that there were not quite as many cookies there as we had hoped for. (Did I mention a few posts ago that Brooke took on organizing the refreshments for this concert and had a sign up sheet for the women in the ward?)... A few ladies actually stopped us in the hall to say they were just remembering and were running home to put something together...
Since it looked like the ox was definitely in the mire at this point.. we headed to Safeway. I sent Hailey in to buy the goods (extra cookies and ice). She told me she didn't want to go in and have the sin of breaking the sabbath be upon her head. I replied that I would take it on and it wouldn't be on her conscience. This seemed to placate her and she bought the goods and I dropped the girls off at the high school with 2 rubber maid containers of supplies, punch and 20 dozen cookies.
I was just in time to practice with the bells and choir.. and help Brooke set things up and then participate in the event. My piano accompanying was not too hard, compared to the holiday concert... but still.. when I get nervous I tend to pick up speed and the Music Man was clipping along at a rapid pace. I 'd describe it as a train careening off the tracks out of control.. but luckily the piece ended before you really noticed that 5 more measures I probably would have lost it. Kris said he liked it. If your spouse won't lie to you (tell you what you want to hear)after 21 years of marriage..clearly you have more work to do!
2 hours later... after surviving the performance... I turned to see my 12 and 14 year old daughters making punch for 300 people. They were so dang cute. Brooke's cheeks were flushed. All of the cookies were eaten up and the clean up was minimal. We drove home and collapsed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

1 comment:
I thought you did awesome, I can't believe you did the bells on such short notice...your talent is amazing. And those girls did such a good job with the cookies! I had a snickerdoodle that was so dang good I have been craving it ever since...
Post a Comment