Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter with Ma Famille


My mom and dad and grandpa came this weekend. They brought food for us and a skillet I needed. Dad fixed an outlet, two hooks and a frying pan. Gpa treated us to Chinese food... and they colored Easter eggs with the kids. They also took everyone to the hot springs. I was a major loser and worked most of the time they were here (both nights) and slept during the day. I'm glad they are understanding of my job and scheduling. It is so nice that they feel comfortable enough to come and hang out with us. We'd take them every weekend if they could make it. When we thanked gpa for the food he just smiled and said how happy he was to be with us. I hope when I get older that I am that easy going and happy to do anything. He is a gem.

My mom made a fantastic pasta salad with sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and hot dogs. It was so good. She also whipped up some chicken tenders and green beans.

After they left today, the kids cooked up a nice dinner with Kris. It included barbecued pork chops, asparagus, spinach salad and a creme puff pie. When I woke up we shared it with the new missionary couple. Then I went to sleep again.

My book came today from my favorite blogger. I read it in 2 hours this afternoon. It describes her life after the plane crash that burned 80% of her body. I cried reading about her courage and strength and how she had to overcome her children's fear of looking at her at first. Now she is a new mother again!

Now I'm up at 2am. I'm lonely. I wish I could have my parents back. I'm rested and ready to visit.

Easter will just be our little crew. We will go to church and eat ham dinner. We will probably have family night.

When I think about Easter and the Savior's resurrection.. I am filled with amazing hope. As bad as life can be sometimes... it is still filled with moments of pure joy. We are so blessed to know that we will live again with our loved ones. Death is not the end.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke