Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring?


Yesterday was a beautiful day. I think it reached approximately 65 degrees. Today it's snowing.

This weekend we lounged around and listened to sessions of conference. When you have computers to listen to instead of the big screen to watch you focus on the voices. I love their voices! President Uchtdorf is a favorite as is Elder Scott. Listening to Elder Packer's older, shakier voice made me sad. After conference I wanted to gather my whole family up extended and close and give them all a big hug. I felt more free and forgiving.

Monday, Brooke left for Outdoor School at 3:45am. She packed her duffel and sleeping bags in a black garbage bag and we loaded her on the bus. She will be gone from us for 4 days. I told her that no one else in the family of 5 girls ever got this experience. She smiled. One of Brooke's famous lines is, "The 4th child never gets anything!". Or variations on that theme.

Monday with Spring Break over and me sort of recovered, we drove to Bend for orthodontia stuff. Every once in awhile the orthodontist must take xrays on his special machine and then tweak wires. Hailey is close to being done.. we think? It was the fastest trip to Bend ever. We spent a few gift cards, ate something and then drove back. Ouch, it's hard to use gas like that.

Tuesday was Gotcha Day for Shaylee. Gotcha Day is the day that adoptive parents have their China girls placed in their arms and it is forever a special day. We went to Dairy Queen with our special friend and had ice cream cones.

Then we headed to Basketball awards. Hailey Mae and Shelby were honored for their participation and Shelby won the Coaches Award this year for her hard work and determination. Shelby is practicing her skills every day. Looking at the calendar, her summer is already filled up with camps and adventures. Before the awards, Amanda sang the Star Spangled Banner about 20 times. She has a great voice and almost says all the words/phrases correctly.

Stefani is almost done with her first year of college. She finishes the term in a little over 2 weeks. We really miss her but we are glad she will be in Utah working and enjoying the summer term taking Economics. I think the dorm life was a special experience but one that she is glad is over.

Kris is exercising more in preparation for his event in September. I am working and recovering more each day.. although the side effects of the medication I took are slow to wear off. I feel dizzy and a little bit off.

This weekend we are looking forward to Mom and Dad coming through for a little pre Easter celebration.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke