Thursday, April 19, 2012
Weekly Wrap UP
Tonight the sounds of the Star Spangled Banner are wafting through the house. Amanda is practicing for the baseball game tomorrow. She will sing for the event up in the "Crow's Nest" which is out of sight of everyone. Excited anticipation is the mood she is sporting. I am so amazed at her bravery!
Shelby got a date for the Mormon Prom. A nice boy in our ward asked her today so we will be "adjusting" the dress she has chosen and picking out some jewelry and hairstyles to make the look just right for her. The dress is a powder blue and is vintage. The Mormon Prom is Saturday in Bend. The high school event is in May.
Stefani finished up her finals this week and is moving out of the dorms tomorrow into Grandma's house. She also was hired yesterday at the Kneaders restaurant in Provo. We are really proud of her initiative although we miss her and will miss her more as the summer goes by.
Brooke and I went on a 6th grade field trip Monday to the experiment station. We have a lot of very smart people in our ward employed there. Several men with doctorates that do research helped the kids understand juniper trees and soil and other cool things. I got to help and experience the day with her.
Hailey was inducted into the Honor Society tonight. She wants to plan the next 3 months in great detail with me. I like to plan the next 2 hours in detail. She and Shelby want to go to Paris, Rome and Italy next summer with the Smithsonian Student travel group and I may go too. We are doing fundraising to help with most of the costs.
I've been working a lot lately and doing more chemotherapy. It is a struggle sometimes juggling everything in our life. My to do lists are endless and I regularly feel like I drive around in circles, running to and fro, accomplishing nothing.
The car was found abandoned on a road not far from town. It had been dinged up and the transmission was toast. We are dismayed that we are responsible for the costs of towing and recovery. So currently we are discussing what to do next. We will probably need to buy some new vehicles.
I'm proud of us for making the most of our 3 old cars. We have gone without a car payment for about 3 years.
Kris really wants to get a nicer fuel efficient (smaller) vehicle. The problem I see is we need lots of room to travel and haul kids around... So I'd like to spend money on a nicer big car.
I guess we have lots of time to decide.
May promises to be fun.. Two words.... JURY DUTY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

No comments:
Post a Comment