Tuesday, December 31, 2013

13 things I learned in 2013



1. I really hate cancer. I am doing more and more chemo infusions in my job. I'm learning all about monoclonal antibiodies and target therapies and how to hang drugs that drip slowly into people's bodies to try to kill the invading cancer cells. And I've decided that people with cancer are exceedingly tough and brave. Yesterday a girl I graduated high school with died of cancer. Although we weren't close friends, I feel this loss profoundly. I hate cancer.

2. I will always clean up after everyone. I'm just accepting it and moving on. Good thing I'm getting so good at it. And one day a week I clean clean clean and am grumpy. Usually it's Monday just FYI.

3. I like basketball. I'm really learning the intricacies after spectating for so long and I'm thinking of a mid life career move to refereeing. Stranger things have happened.
I actually love watching Shelby play in college more than ever. Even if their team doesn't win lots.. for some reason it just doesn't matter. It's more like the globetrotters or an exhibition thing. I just love to watch her play. She is so good.

4. I like to read. And I'm not ashamed of it anymore. I read volumes and volumes of books and check things out at the library and load stuff onto my kindle. I'm a reader and I'm proud.

5. I love facebook.. but I think people essentially overshare. I really decided to carefully pause before posting in 2013. Too many people just vomit whatever is in their head onto facebook. Then it becomes a big hurtful mess. Maybe I overshare on my blog.. But it feels more private.

6. I have really bad asthma. It is something that is scary and that I need to address in 2014. I'm going to have to start recording my peak flows and taking a daily inhaled steroid. I have had some really bad days over the holidays of thinking I was not going to be able to get any air. I am good at ignoring stuff like this but I made an appointment with my Dr. to get it under control.

7. I really want to be a grandma. I'm not sure why. I think I'm secretly baby hungry but I don't want to ever be pregnant again. Ever. And I like to hold babies and I work in the nursery. No pressure on my kids or anything but I'd like to be a grandma in the next 5 years.

8. I learned that divorce can be very ugly. Enough said.

9. I also learned that I am fiercely loyal. Especially to my family. Don't mess with my family. I'm a pretty protective sister/ daughter.


10. I learned that I like to pay off debts.

11. Kindof the opposite of number 10.. Paying off debts and having enough money doesn't really make you happy. It does relieve some burdens off your mind but it really doesn't give you lasting happiness......like helping people or service does..Just in case you wondered. I thought some of that would lead to like inner serenity.. but not so much.

12. I really need to go to Hawaii. This will be my planning year. It's going to happen... 2015?

13.. I don't like to exercise. I didn't exactly learn this in 2013. It's been true since about 1993.


And that is the end of my posts for 2013.

Happy New Year!!!!!!







13.





No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke