Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Happier days and The Gifts I Cherish


I'm sorry that my last post was so negative. It is amazing how life can look so bleak one minute and then the next day it can look much better.

Thank Heavens.

I survived my weekend. How many blog posts have I started with that phrase? 100? 200? I need a better way of saying that I accomplished all the things I scheduled in for myself on a particular day or weekend. But I did survive...and accomplish enough.

Saturday I was scheduled to work. Why I get scheduled to work the night before a big concert is the subject of a long blog post on how I do my schedule and why it isn't always logical or sane. But I worked the whole night. Then I went to sacrament meeting. I was sleep deprived and silly and playing the organ and for the choir. After some entertaining bursts of loudness in the songs..I went home and had a nap.


1.7 hours later I got out of bed and headed for the concert. The temperature was 20 below zero. I wore gloves before playing and during one of the songs because it helped. My favorite song was Breath of Heaven.

It was also a day of gifts.


My best friend left me my annual holiday gifts on the car. In 2 bags she always packs several treasures just for me. Things she picks through the year that she knows I will love. I've really never met someone who enjoys giving so much. She is always giving people things. Plates of cookies, rice krispie treats and carefully selected gifts from the heart. Gifts she spent a lot of time on. So many times I don't put much thought into gifts. I get stuck and then have to find something last minute.


Monday she surprised me with an antique 100 year old window painted black and mounted on iron footings. It is amazing,


I am so blessed with gifts, My parents gave all of us money for Christmas. A very nice check. Sometimes I am in awe of all the gifts they give us freely. And they never stop. And they are always so concerned about being fair and equal and treating all their kids and grandkids the same. It is awesome.

They love to give good gifts.

I hope our gifts this year are happy gifts for the kids. It seemed to be harder this year to choose things they would want.

It reminds me of the scripture about Heavenly Father giving us of his best gifts.

Matthew 7:11 If ye then being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in Heavem give good things to them that ask .....

Christ is his best gift to us. When it comes right down to it...the Holidays should be about that one gift.


I'm so grateful for all the good gifts in my life.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke