Today was a really bad day...
It started out well enough and had some high points...
I helped the girls practice their music..
I mailed some Christmas gifts off....
I made waffles for a new mom I love...
Then I went to choir practice and got a phone call. It's not important what the call was. But after that call...the night headed downhill. I couldn't concentrate in choir practice and headed home after canceling our date. Then I contemplated calling in sick for the next 5 days.
Can I do that?
Umm no. Because I am ultra over scheduled for everything.
I am playing the piano for church choir and community choir and I work the night before.
I can do all this on autopilot and so I'm going to have to.
Kick in the autopilot.
Because, nothing in this life is remotely easy. Nothing.
And you are fooling yourself if you think you can get out of it without some heartache, and pain and suffering.
I used to think it was possible to do all the right things and have a nice and happy life. It's not.
But enough of the pity party.
I'm going to check out for awhile and just go through the motions.....
Luckily, I'm good at that too.
I don't have time for this and sometimes that is what saves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment