Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December, December

Oh December.. How I love to pack you with events. Usually by now, I'm about done with the main stuff and so I'm just coasting until Christmas.

The first parts of December were crammed full of Choir Christmas performances...(church and community).... Basketball tournaments and decorating. Cards were sent and gifts for the most part bought...

Now it is time for the winding down pre holiday. I love this. I am going to hunker down and get ready to spend some quality time with my kids. Usually this is the time I get sick too... Because my body says, "What? You are taking a break?"

Today I just devoted the day to errands. Paying bills, running around, visiting teaching, cookie exchanging, piano lessons, etc, etc etc.

I am multi tasking my multi tasking. It feels really good. I'm also studying for an exam I take tomorrow for surgery.

I hung some new curtains. Superglued some broken things. Baked some... did more laundry.. recycled... talked on the phone.

Basic daily, meaningless but important stuff.

What would my life look like if I was less frenetically tasked? Is that a word? Tasked? Like taxed only tasked?

A lot of the stuff I do helps me and my family be organized and function..

But my December stuff.. is it all frivolous? Does it really mean anything? Would it be better if we just spent more time in reflection?



No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke